Tuesday 29 April 2014

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME - Task for Meeting 6

Posted by ritma on 03:33


Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you...
Until we meet again!

======================================================
Rest In Peace, Alligator!

          It would be an amazing thing for me if I could go back and live in the past. Many years passed before I understood the meaning of friendship. If I could ask to God, I wish I had one more chance to go back to my past, fixing all of my mistakes I had ever done to my best friend.
          When I was in junior high school, I thought that I had found a true friend. Her name were Effy, but I often called her "Alligator". She never minded about it. I and Effy were in the same class since we were in seventh until tenth grade. We also sat in the same bench. She was a beautiful and smart girl. I was happy that I had a good friend like her.
          Day by day, we were getting closer. I often come to her house to do our homework. Sometimes, I came in just to chat and share about my problems. She was very kind. She always had a solution of my problems. Her mom was very kind too. She often made us cake or some foods when we were doing our homework and studying together. But I seldom met her father, she said that her father was always busy working.
          Ever since, we made a silly thing in the class. We were partner in crime. When I felt boring to follow the class, suddenly I had an evil thought. I told it to Effy, and she agreed about that. We treated our physics teacher badly just because we hated the subject. As a result, we got a punishment to stand in the field under a flagpole until the subject ended. Actually I knew that Effy was good at physics, but I did not know why she hated it too.
          When we were standing in the field for about 30 minutes, suddenly Effy fainted. I was panic and decided to tell it to my teacher. My teacher picked her up to the hospital soon. After arrived there, a doctor checked her condition. The doctor said that she was just very tired. I felt so sorry about that. It was my mistake that caused Effy fainted. When she awared, she said that it was not my mistake at all.  She tried to support me when she was the one who need it.
          One morning, as usual, I went to school. I opened the door and walked into a room. I found Effy was sitting alone in the class, there was no one else around. She did not know if I was coming because the door was behind her. I thought that she was still writing something in the diary book. But, something felt a little different. When I was getting closer to her, I saw her face was so pale. I touched her skin, so cold. Then, I was so shocked when I saw some bloods were filling her dairy book on the table. I asked her what actually happened. No words spoken, but silence. She did not answer my question. Once more I asked her, finally she told me that actually the doctor said to her that she had diagnosed a leukemia but she did not want other people know about it. I was like “You are kidding, aren’t you?”. “No, this is serious. But you don’t need to tell it to others. Would you promise?”, she said. “Yes” I replied her question while crying, but suddenly some students were coming to the class. Then, we started to act like nothing just happened.
          The next day, I come to the class but I did not see Effy there. I was thinking what happened to her over and over again. After school was ended, I decided to come to her house. I asked to her housekeeper, he said that she was in the hospital. I was panic and I asked him the address where she was cured.
          I came to see her in the hospital. I met her parents and they said that she was still doing an operation. We waited her for about one hour. Then, when the doctor went out of the room, he said “Sorry, she could not fight leukemia anymore.” I cried and I wonder if it was just a nightmare. But God had more beautiful place for her. Her wonderful eyes were closed on 31st December. That day the sun lost its light and I lost my best friend forever.
          Now If I could go back to my past when I and Effy could still laugh together. I promise, I would never make her cry even a bit. I would always make her happy whatever it takes. It’s true, she will never come back, but she always gets a special place in my heart.

Note : Blue - Orientation | Red - Complication | Green - Resolution | Yellow - Coda

1 komentar:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site